Tuesday, November 11, 2014

DESIGN PROJECT 1- THE INSPIRATION OF EMERGING TRENDS


An introductory task of research on inspiration based on studies and identify prominent keywords based on the nature of the selected inspiration.
This is the first project of design2 .At first, we were given 4 categories to pick out which is nature,fashion,craft,and art. I'm under craft category ,and then I have choose dreamcatcher as my inspiration. The main keyword i can get and choose after doing mindmapping is RADIAL,CONTRAST AND ALSO PROTECTIVE. By using these 3 keyword, I have develop a sculpture with a bulky looks(represent protective),  many rods coming out from the main body(radial), the blue and red colour ( contrast). And the string and circle tied around the rod shown the characteristic of dreamcatcher. The used of shape> round and rectangular which get inspired from dreamcatcher also showing the contrast.
The difficulty of this project for me is to find the material, me and my friend have spend half day going to the factory area to look for all these materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment